Amsoil Low Toxicity Antifreeze and Engine Coolant. ANT1G
Low Toxicity, Biodegradable
Conventional ethylene glycol-based coolants are toxic, presenting a poisoning risk if ingested by children, pets, livestock, or wildlife. AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is biodegradable, and its low toxicity limits poisoning risk.
Helps Prevent Metallic Corrosion and Erosion
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is formulated with unique organic acids that form a protective layer that prevents corrosion on metal components. Independent tests reveal it greatly surpasses standards for metallic corrosion and erosion, achieving nearly perfect scores in ASTM corrosion and erosion testing on cast aluminum cylinder heads, steel, copper, solder, brass and cast iron, and aluminum water pumps.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is a polyorganic acid formulation that does not contain inorganic acid salts (phosphate, nitrate, nitrite, silicate, borate, amine) found in conventional and hybrid organic acid (HOAT) antifreeze/coolants. These materials are responsible for almost all scaling issues in cooling systems, commonly reacting with calcium and magnesium in water to form precipitates that adhere to metal surfaces and create scale and corrosion. They can also precipitate to form scale if the antifreeze/coolant inhibitor system is at the wrong pH or mixed with incompatible products. AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant virtually eliminates scaling problems. It is much more resistant to issues caused when calcium/magnesium are inadvertently introduced to the radiator through tap water.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant effectively protects cylinder liners against cavitation erosion/corrosion pitting, without the problems associated with nitrite and nitrite/molybdate technology. Nitrites can cause aluminum corrosion, and they are being banned from coolants used by a growing number of manufacturers in both the heavy-duty and automotive markets. AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is a top-performing technology that performs extremely well in ASTM D7583 (John Deere Cavitation Test) testing.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant eliminates the need for supplemental coolant additives (SCAs), extenders, and recharging cooling systems. It provides extended service life in all gasoline and diesel vehicles, with recommended intervals of 150,000 miles or five years, whichever comes first, in passenger cars and light trucks and 1,000,000 miles,12,000 hours of operation or eight years, whichever comes first, in heavy-duty and off-road applications.
Compatible With Other Fluids
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant is dyed neutral yellow and is compatible with all ethylene and propylene antifreeze and coolant colors, as well as all plastics and elastomers (hoses, gaskets, etc.) found in cooling systems. It is also compatible with fully formulated diesel antifreeze and other organic acid technology (OAT) and hybrid organic acid technology (HOAT) formulations. Mixing propylene and ethylene glycol formulations can make it difficult to predict freeze protection. If mixing for top-off is unavoidable, it is recommended to flush the cooling system at the next convenient opportunity.
Boiling Point (sea level)
- 219°F at 40 percent antifreeze concentration, 222°F at 50 percent, 225°F at 60 percent.
- Increase by 40° to 45°F if a 15 psi radiator cap is used.
AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant (ANT) is formulated for use in ALL domestic and import passenger cars and light trucks and designed to meet the following heavy-duty specifications:
- ASTM D3306, D6210, D7583, D7820
- TMC RP329B, TMC RP338
- AS/NZS 2108.2004 Type A
Suitable for use with the following:
- Case New Holland
- Cummins 14603
- Cummins 3666132
- DDC 7SE 298, 93K217
- Freightliner 48-22880
- GM Heavy Truck
- International Truck and Engine / Navistar CEMS B-1 Type III-A
- JIS K2234
- MAN 324 NF
- MB DBL 7700
- MTU MTL5048
- Kenworth RO26-170-97
- Mack 014GS17004, 014GS17009
- PACCAR CS0185
- DAF MAT 74002
- Peterbilt 8502.002
- Scania TB1451
- Volvo Heavy Truck
- Protection up to 150,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first, in passenger cars and light trucks.
- Protection up to 1,000,000 miles, 20,000 hours of operation, or 8 years, whichever comes first, in heavy-duty applications.
- Does not require the use of supplemental coolant additives (SCAs) or extenders.
Directions for Use
- High-quality water is essential for proper cooling system protection. Mix with distilled water or high-quality water containing less than 100 ppm total hardness (calcium and magnesium compounds). Check antifreeze/coolant-mix freezing point.
- Do not remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot.
- Used antifreeze/coolant is hazardous. Clean up and dispose of properly following local regulations.
- Check owner's manual for maintenance and top-off guidelines.